DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO DIRT PARADISE!!!
PEOPLE DONT EAT OUR DUST... IT SETTLES BEFORE THEY GET THERE.

The widowmaker at big rock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The widowmaker at big rock Empty
PostSubject: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 pm

here are a ocuple videos i have of that hill.
i will get some more this summer of the banshee

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Looks like a tough hill on a dirtbike. We used to have some monster hills at our sand pit but its been dug down so low that the hills are only about 20' tall now. Back in the day you'd have to be at least in 5th gear pinned on a Banshee to make it up. Good memories...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm

there is a couple routes up this hill, the one they are climbing isn't that hardest. the problem is the rock at the top. and as you see to get a run, you have to go through the creek.
Back to top Go down
stabor1122
Premium Member
One Bad Blastard
stabor1122

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Doesnt look as steep as that hill down at Happy Hollow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:36 pm

stabor, wait till you try it. you can do the far left route. dont think any blaster as made it up it yet.
Back to top Go down
stabor1122
Premium Member
One Bad Blastard
stabor1122

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:42 pm

lol. not sure i wanna join the rolled back down group. have to see what this thing runs like when i get the head, reeds, and carb swapped. maybe change the gearing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 pm

last time i saw a blaster try it, it was some guy kid, like 13. was talking to the guy about his banshee and out of no where we hear the 2-stroke whine and the guy jumps. it was the kid trying to climb the hill. he gets about 3/4 the way up the easy part and it flips. grab bar catches his foot and drag him down the hill. lucky he was ok.

another time i was on the raptor at the top and it stalled, this was when i had starting issue with it. so i was trying to push it up that last little bit, will some old dipshit tries to climb it while i am in the way. he hits a rock and flips his banshee, that banshee was done for the old dude was ok.
Back to top Go down
stabor1122
Premium Member
One Bad Blastard
stabor1122

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:01 pm

lol. I saw some dumbass do that down at happy hollow. Someone stalled part way up and another guy tried to climb behind him and ended up flipping and rolled his quad into a tree
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:44 pm

lol yup same thing, that banshee hit a tree about 10 feet in the air, i dont know how he got it back.
Back to top Go down
Whitty21
Premium Member
YUKON CORNELIOUS
Whitty21

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 am

not a bad looking hill lol
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:39 am

look up the wall. in michigan 2 hours from me. nice vids though
Back to top Go down
https://dirtparadise.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:15 am

there is a pro hill climb next to my work, the owner of bhw climbs theres. me personal, i dont want to to wreck my baby
Back to top Go down
stabor1122
Premium Member
One Bad Blastard
stabor1122

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:49 am

You talking about Oregonia? I am with you, I would rather not destroy my quad just to say I climed or tried to climb something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:51 am

ya that hill.
Back to top Go down
stabor1122
Premium Member
One Bad Blastard
stabor1122

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:55 am

Thats only like 20-30 minutes from me. I used to work with a guy who is a member of Dayton Motorcycle Club (promoter of that climb). That is a NASTY hill (Devils Staircase in Oregonia, Ohio). No way I would try to climb something like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 pm

if anyone ever wants to come ride and big rock and try that hill, let me know
i will be there to watch and tape it lol
Back to top Go down
slickerthanyou
Premium member
slickerthanyou

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Nice it doesn't look that steep. Maybe it was just the vid. I like to walk the hills before i ride them, like to know where any stumps, boulders, or tree roots decide to reach out and bite ya!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm

oh it is steep at the top.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The widowmaker at big rock   The widowmaker at big rock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The widowmaker at big rock
Page 1 of 1