DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO DIRT PARADISE!!!
PEOPLE DONT EAT OUR DUST... IT SETTLES BEFORE THEY GET THERE.

damn i want one (Dial a Jet)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Antec1200X
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year
Antec1200X

damn i want one (Dial a Jet) Empty
PostSubject: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:53 am

http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet.htm

think it works?
having to pull the rear fenders off and gas tank and carb is a pain in the neck when changing the jets in the carb
if this thing does work i want one
Back to top Go down
dakotademon7
Admin

dakotademon7

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:10 am

I was going to get one before and asked around about them. Was told by a builder not to use it because of the high risk of running lean. He sad he's seen alot of people adjusting them and not doing plug chops to check it. The only good use I see for it is for racing to lean it out for more power on the last lap to do a sprint to the finish line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 am

i thought those were for if you ran lean they would put more fuel in them. or that might be the power jet or something. people run them on alky bikes.
Back to top Go down
dakotademon7
Admin

dakotademon7

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 9:28 am

Here's some nice info.
http://mcmod.com/Dial_A_Jet.htm
Back to top Go down
Antec1200X
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year
Antec1200X

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:50 am

so its no good to get rid of having to pull the fenders/tank/carb off every time u need to change the jets?
bummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:52 am

it is more for if it starts to run lean, it should keep it from blowing up. yes, you still have to change jets for huge temp changes and new mods.
and you really take the plastic and tank off to take the carb off?
Back to top Go down
Antec1200X
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year
Antec1200X

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:54 am

unless i want to rip out the carb from the boot,then yeah
really dont want to if everything is full of dirt
Back to top Go down
Senator
Dune Rider
Dune Rider
Senator

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 2:35 pm

IMHO...

They are a great option for people who already understand their jetting. A bad option for anyone thinking they're going to shortcut any of the labor involved with properly jetting the rig. When atmospheric conditions change through out the day/season/etc small jetting "nudges" can be helpful. This product can make it easier to make a change that you have already identified as necessary.

Here's one big problem...remembering to change it back when atmospheric conditions change again.

Back to top Go down
Antec1200X
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year
Antec1200X

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:29 pm

jetting sure seems like a pain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm

lol EFI baby, EFI.
Back to top Go down
Antec1200X
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year
Antec1200X

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:14 pm

lol i should rig somthing up
Back to top Go down
honda374
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 pm

senetor hit it right,you've got to know you're machine. my cousin has one on his zilla for 2 years now and it works amazing
Back to top Go down
Antec1200X
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year
Antec1200X

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:51 pm

might invest in one later on.seeing how ill be traveling to and from higher altitudes all summer(mountains)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 9:32 am

Do you really change your jetting that much? I can understand huge temp changes or elevation changes but it shouldn't be like a weekly routine.
Back to top Go down
honda374
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 7:54 pm

the zilla that we have it on (once tuned properly) he has never had to touch the thing, works like a charm
Back to top Go down
Antec1200X
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year
Antec1200X

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:06 pm

i know last year i didnt have a clue about proper jetting,i cant say i even cared.but from where i was and ended up(traveling) the bike ran good,all stock and worn out.
maybe if i can get the proper jet i wont have to keep changing em and i probably dont have to anyways,i mean its not like im going to the dunes from the mountains lol
damn i want one (Dial a Jet) Mountainsandcam077
this isnt exactly where we were,but on our way home.this was near the pine pass bc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: damn i want one (Dial a Jet)   damn i want one (Dial a Jet) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

damn i want one (Dial a Jet)
Page 1 of 1