DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO DIRT PARADISE!!!
PEOPLE DONT EAT OUR DUST... IT SETTLES BEFORE THEY GET THERE.

Top Speed Calculator

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Top Speed Calculator Empty
PostSubject: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:46 pm

it has links for some quads where the transmission ratios are already there and it will get your MPH in each gear
http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/mph.htm
Back to top Go down
RiDeRfOrLiFe
Admin
Site Owners Wife
RiDeRfOrLiFe

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Thats neat... It accurate?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:51 pm

it is 100% accurate.
well the tires might expand some
but if you know the max RPM your engine can turn, and the tie diameter (again every tire will not be the same diameter even if they say 20") it will get you the speed at that rpm.
Back to top Go down
RiDeRfOrLiFe
Admin
Site Owners Wife
RiDeRfOrLiFe

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:05 pm

So how do you do this? Just type in numbers? Or you really have.to drive it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:14 pm

do what?

you should know your tire size.
for max RPM you really just guess. like i know mine will hit over 10K but power drops around 9500.

you might have to search for your primary reduction ratio and gear ratio.
secondary gear ratio or final gear ratio is the sprockets.
Back to top Go down
RiDeRfOrLiFe
Admin
Site Owners Wife
RiDeRfOrLiFe

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:20 pm

Ok i see lol
Back to top Go down
xTHUNDERCATx
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 pm

im confused i dont think there is anyway this can be accurate, unless im misreading the info its giving us it doesnt calculate for port work, carbs, pipes or rider weight bang
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 11:36 pm

ya, that stuff doesn't matter.

it takes the RPM your engine is spin, then it calculates the RPMS the power tires are spinning by using very simple math. it then takes the circumference of your tires and takes the RPM the tire is spinning and times that to the circumference. it takes that number which will be in inches/min and converts that to MPH.

very simple.
it really isn't top speed, but what your speed should be at that given RPM.

their is some problems since no two tire companies have the same diameter for their 20" tire, and some tires will swell up at spins and grow and it doesn't take this into account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Speed Calculator   Top Speed Calculator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Speed Calculator
Page 1 of 1