DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO DIRT PARADISE!!!
PEOPLE DONT EAT OUR DUST... IT SETTLES BEFORE THEY GET THERE.

dirtbike pros/cons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xTHUNDERCATx
Top Dog
Top Dog

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:36 pm

I might be in a spot to trade one of my banshees for a dirt bike in the next couple of weeks, but I really dont know much about the dirtbike world, i want a 250 2 stroke and essentially all I know is later model cr250's had an aluminum frame. Other then that I dont know much, Ive always ahd a thing for yamahas but im open to any of the main 4 at this point. Is there anything I should know about there early 2000 models (maybe late 90's) that should steer me towards or away any of them?
Back to top Go down

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:24 pm

i know anything older than 2000 and is a 2-stroke bike isn't worth nearly as much as a running shee.
the cr250af is nice. that would be what i would look to trade for. the newer the better.
Back to top Go down

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 pm

He is right about the value of the older bikes to a banshee. Dirt bikes are awesome.
Back to top Go down
xTHUNDERCATx
Top Dog
Top Dog

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 pm

In our area they seem to be going for about the same but these shee only has pipes on it and we only have about 700 into it including purchase so I'll come out ok if the bike I get is in good shape
Back to top Go down

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 am

i would say look for a cr or yz, i personally dont care for the kx and after riding 2 rm's, they are ok but not the best.
Back to top Go down

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:23 pm

You don't know about bikes.
Back to top Go down
yzrider
Seasoned Rider
Seasoned Rider
yzrider

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 pm

only con of a dirtbike is mud imo, i am more comfy on my dirtbike everywhere else, cannot wait to get my ollld 79 yz250 running
Back to top Go down
dakotademon7
Admin

dakotademon7

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Dirt bikes are faster per CC then a quad do to weight . personally , I would rather have a quad.
Back to top Go down
xTHUNDERCATx
Top Dog
Top Dog

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:16 am

i wouldnt be giving up either, i have a 250r and a drag banshee in the stable, this is just a near stock shee i will either be selling or trading
Back to top Go down
NOVIS
Seasoned Rider
Seasoned Rider
NOVIS

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:47 pm

quad doubles as a place to take 5 and have some beers :)
Back to top Go down
xTHUNDERCATx
Top Dog
Top Dog

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:31 am

figured i would update this, it took a lot longer then i had wanted but we sold the banshee out right, i planned on using the cash to finish the drag banshee then ran across this, i paid 600, suppose to be a fresh motor but the kid couldnt get spark, its going to sit like this tell the quads are done but im happy i picked one up finally
01 rm 250
dirtbike pros/cons 14wu878
Back to top Go down
RiDeRfOrLiFe
Admin
Site Owners Wife
RiDeRfOrLiFe

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Dirt bikes are a blast though i like them personally better than quads. Im sure its going to be really nice when you get it all done. cant beat the price.
Back to top Go down
xTHUNDERCATx
Top Dog
Top Dog

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 am

as of now it looks like the stator gave up on her, so im debating on whether or not im going to tear this motor apart (not sure if i trust there build) or if im going to get another stator and run it tell the motor goes then rebuild it to my liking
Back to top Go down
dakotademon7
Admin

dakotademon7

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm a Quad guy because I'm hooked on drifting sideways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dirtbike pros/cons Empty
PostSubject: Re: dirtbike pros/cons   dirtbike pros/cons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dirtbike pros/cons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DirtParadise :: Dirt Bikes :: General Discussion-
Jump to: