DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO DIRT PARADISE!!!
PEOPLE DONT EAT OUR DUST... IT SETTLES BEFORE THEY GET THERE.

Site sponsers, need a part

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Site sponsers, need a part Empty
PostSubject: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:59 am

Does any of the site sponsers actually sell parts or do you guys just build engines?
I need a special intake boot for my banshee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Draw one in Solid Edge or whatever you have at work and have someone make it out of phenolic.
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:12 pm

just grind down some reed spacers. but i know they all have parts. herr jugs and wildcard have parts.
Back to top Go down
https://dirtparadise.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:28 pm

ya just thought about that and it wont work.
the bolts have to go through the intake manifold then through the reeds then through the spacer which was grinded at an angle. that angle would make the bolts from the mainfold not line up with the bolt holes on the jug. so that is out.
if i cant find the correct boot, then i might have to make a custom adapter for the boot and intake manifold. which wont be hard just extra stupid work.
Back to top Go down
Wildcard
Sponsor
Wildcard

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

We carry parts for everything. What manifold and what reeds and spacer are you running?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildcardracingatv.com

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:36 pm

manifold is a yamaha exciter 440 (customize to fit a banshee)
reeds are VF2
no spacer

these are the boots i bought last week http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Boss-ATV-Racing-Banshee-INTAKE-BOOTS-38-41MM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230f0f27f9QQitemZ150576506873QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
the bolts holes needed to be drill outward to make it mount upto my manifold.
the problem is i need a boot that make the carb sit level.
if there isn't that boot, i will just have to make a block that mounts to the end of the manifold and then makes the angle and have the boot mount to that block. but i rather just find a boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:35 pm

so can you get me one wildcard?
Back to top Go down
Wildcard
Sponsor
Wildcard

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 pm

We carry lots of sizes. What I need is a measurement from center to center of the Bolt holes on the manifold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:16 pm

ok i get you that measure and some others with pictures tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wildcard
Sponsor
Wildcard

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:20 pm

Ok that would help alot If you want send them to my email wildcardracing1@aol.com I can get to those alot easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:31 pm

here are some pictures for now, i will email you the pictures and dimensions tomorrow. my caliper is died so i have to use the one at work. i am thinking the angle needs to be 30-45 degrees.
here are some pictures

how the carb sits currently
Site sponsers, need a part Photo1440

how i want it to sit
Site sponsers, need a part Photo1441

intake manifold on engine with no carb
Site sponsers, need a part Photo1442

just the intake manifold
Site sponsers, need a part Photo1446
Site sponsers, need a part Photo1445
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:14 pm

it is 75mm from bolt hole to bolt hole
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 8:47 am

well i got a UPP boot from wildcard coming soon. it isn't the correct one like i am using now, but i should be able to make it would with a little engineering.
Back to top Go down
Wildcard
Sponsor
Wildcard

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:13 am

sometimes a little tweaking and some customizing is the way to go. I hope it works out for ya. It went out today so you should see it a few days give or take..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:06 am

ya, i already know how i am going to mount it and everything. the hard part is actually mounting it lol. i will let you know if it works well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site sponsers, need a part   Site sponsers, need a part I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site sponsers, need a part
Page 1 of 1