DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO DIRT PARADISE!!!
PEOPLE DONT EAT OUR DUST... IT SETTLES BEFORE THEY GET THERE.

Street legal dirt bike.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dakotademon7
Admin

dakotademon7

Street legal dirt bike. Empty
PostSubject: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm thinking about getting one to run around town on. Looking for opinions. I would like to do some trail ridding on it to. It would be alot cheaper to hope on it and travel a 100 miles to do some trail ridding. I know it won't be as fun as my Blaster but still good to do trail ridding.
Back to top Go down
NOVIS
Seasoned Rider
Seasoned Rider
NOVIS

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:05 pm

i want to get one to ride this summer. cheap on gas. i know there are kits you can buy for yamaha ttr's to make the road legal. and some ktm's are pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:18 pm

with an enduro/supermoto, the knobby tire will wear down quickly. something to think about. also if you have a street tire on it, cant really offroad with it.

i been looking at a KTM supermoto for a while. just to ride to work and school. it is pretty much a motorcycle but with dirt bike handling and shit.

or i might just get a cr500 and put a street tire on it and find a way to put a license plate on it lol.
Back to top Go down
dakotademon7
Admin

dakotademon7

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:35 pm

I know I will be limited off road. I'm just looking to do some slow trail ridding .no big mud holes or jumps. They have alot of nice prepared trails in PA. It would be nice to just take a slow ride in the mountions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
stabor1122
Premium Member
One Bad Blastard
stabor1122

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:22 pm

DRZ400 or KLX300-400. Great bikes. Lots of aftermarket available for the 400s.
Back to top Go down
honda374
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:51 pm

if you look in my bike pics thread you can see my crf450 that i have converted for street use. easy to do in pa. ask away and i may be able to help you. the easiest way is any ktm exc models. as far as tires cheapest and somewhat reliable are kenda trackmaster. they are dot legal knobbies. a little wobbly at high speeds but i have gotten 400 miles out of the rear and 500 out of the front. super moto is cool but you'll need different wheels and they run smaller tires. in the end pick something that suits you and you're riding, i know most here are 2 stroke fanatics but in my experience don't do a smoker it's not as fun as it sounds. once again that's only my opinion from what i've experienced so i don't need bashed for promoting a thumper. i will be putting up new pictures of my street legal ride in the next week or 2 but again ask away and i'll try to help. i may also have a few spare parts laying around that i could help you out with. good luck with this project and you won;t be sorry i put over 1200 miles on my crf last year
Back to top Go down
CARNZ
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:06 pm

i may buy and tag my uncles 1993 WR500 soon. in two more years it will be considered historic in maryland which means no inspections, as long as you have a title you can tag it
Back to top Go down
dakotademon7
Admin

dakotademon7

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm not looking for it to be fast anyways so I would go with a 4 stroke. I would want to stop and gas up on long trips without having to mix. I have my Blaster for my need for speed.lol. I'm looking for something in the line of a DR. Something that was made for on/ off road. I don't want DMV giving me a bunch of BS about a converted bike. They can be real A holes about stuff like that in this state. They don't really follow the books. They just go by how there feeling that day.
Back to top Go down
honda374
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 pm

i hear you. i've not been bothered but definatly looked at. we have a pretty decent mixture of bikes that ride together. the ktm models are by far superior in my opinion but the dr is awesome too. we have a guy that bought a klx250. we stripped off all the extra weight installed exhaust and put a 270 big bore on it. i tell you what it ran really well and you could cruise at 70 all day,easy on gas and the wide ratio tranny you can creep through the woods
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Street legal dirt bike.    Street legal dirt bike. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Street legal dirt bike.
Page 1 of 1