DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
If you are not a member and would like to join just click the flashing register button or if your not interested in being a member that's ok your more than welcome to browse the site anytime or email us for any questions or concerns about the site.

Thanks,

Dirt Paradise Administration
DirtParadise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO DIRT PARADISE!!!
PEOPLE DONT EAT OUR DUST... IT SETTLES BEFORE THEY GET THERE.

New bike for spring/riding season

Go down 
+4
stabor1122
2000CR250
4MiLLDraGSheE
warboy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

New bike for spring/riding season Empty
PostSubject: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:50 pm

currently have a 2007 rmz 250, want a bigger bike because im 6 ft and 200 pounds.
I am 16 and have been riding dirt bikes for about a year, quads and UTVs forever.

I have a good dealer within a few miles of my house that sells all Suzuki and KTM bikes. There is also a dealer for Yamaha-Kawasaki and a Honda dealer not to far away but i dont like them nearly as much. One of the mechanics is helping me train at the Suzuki dealer and their bikes are nice.

I am thinking about buying either a rmz 450 or ktm 250sx (2 stroke) i like both bikes and have ridden a few 2 strokes before.
just looking for opinions and comments :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 pm

I say say go with the smoker but im strongly biased towards 2 strokes. Are you gonna be mx'ing it or just riding?
Back to top Go down
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Use it for mx, and to ride trails a little
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:42 pm

My brother in law has a yamah 2 stoke 125. My wife has a 85cc ktm two stroke that is the same speed. Father in law has a ktm 380 two stroke thats fast as hell he bought for 2100 if u can handle it i would say ktm two stroke for sure top of the line there. But i am biassd to
Back to top Go down
https://dirtparadise.forumotion.com
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:46 pm

i like 2 strokes too tho :) prefer them.. maybe thats what i'll do then
and 4mill, i found out about the site from your wife on thumper talk, she is very kind
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Hey warboy i sent you a pm! lol ya i talked to him for awhile on thumper...lol And thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Alright ill give u another entry. Sorry haha my wife cant win money its coming from her account anyways hahaha
Back to top Go down
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:09 am

Haha and I really like what you did with this site its awesome!
Back to top Go down
2000CR250

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:43 am

I'd go with the 2 stroke also but I too am biased to them. My CR has been a great all around bike, track and trails.
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:18 am

yeah ur gunna get alot more bang and feel more power with the two stroke. plus sounds way better haha.
Back to top Go down
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:22 am

Haha I love the 2 stroke sound Very Happy rode a '85 IT 200 and '94 kx 250 :) liked both
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 am

yeah and better throttle response too.
Back to top Go down
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

yeah :) im still kinda torn.. ahhh what to do, 450 or 250 :p
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 am

that ones up to you. all i can say is two stroke haha!
Back to top Go down
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:35 pm

I don't think I'd like EFI but I gotta see .Surprised
Back to top Go down
stabor1122
Premium Member
One Bad Blastard
stabor1122

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Two-strokes are a whole lot easier to maintain yourself. If you race just for fun go for the two-stroke, but if you are a serious racer you kinda have to go for the four-stroke.
Back to top Go down
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 8:49 pm

Yeah I'm planning on tryin hard for mx, and gonna do some freeride and trail
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Then u might wanna consider four strome but that also requires alot of upkeep.
Back to top Go down
warboy
Entering Boot Camp
Entering Boot Camp
warboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:35 pm

My 250f has 15 hrs total Surprised
Back to top Go down
2smoker85
Rookie Rider
Rookie Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:41 am

i know im biased, i love the 2 strokes!! only 4 stroke i would own is a yfz 450
Back to top Go down
4MiLLDraGSheE
Admin
Site Owner
4MiLLDraGSheE

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 am

i dunno i just like the feel of a 2 stroke. i used to be all about 4 stroke then i rode a banshee and booya loved it!
Back to top Go down
slickerthanyou
Premium member
slickerthanyou

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:55 am

2 strokes are the shizzle. When your 4 poke breaks you'll be wishin you had a 2-stroke, so much more money to fix those 4-pokes-Experience speakin, plus when you beat all those 4 pokers in racing, theyu'll be asking what do you have done to that..
Back to top Go down
2smoker85
Rookie Rider
Rookie Rider

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 pm

yeah parts are also more expensive for the most part. still up in the air about what i want to do with my 86 yz250 motor....
Back to top Go down
honda374
Rookie Rider of the Year
Rookie Rider of the Year

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:44 am

4 stokes do cost a little more to fix for sure but maintenence is a peice of cake, just common sense. all these horror stories are a lot of b.s and just a lack of upkeep. i've had my crf since 02 and not a problem, don't take this the wrong way because the last thing i want is a 2 and 4 stroke argument but maintenence is key.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:17 am

I agree that a 4 stroke will outlast a 2 stroke if the maintenence is kept up adequately on both. But the 4 stroke will cost more to rebuild.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bike for spring/riding season   New bike for spring/riding season I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New bike for spring/riding season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next